What Is Ozone? How Does it Work?
Ozone is known to be the most effective antimicrobial disinfectant on earth. It disinfects and sterilizes by killing all the bacteria and viruses it comes in contact with. Ozone is more than 100 times stronger, reacts 3,000 times faster, and is much more effective in killing bacteria and viruses than Chlorine. Although Chlorine is widely used today in most countries, it is highly toxic and detrimental to the environment.
Unlike Chlorine, Ozone does not leave unwanted chemical residues in the water. Chlorine based cleaning products involve adding toxic chemicals into the water whereas Ozone Water merely adds Ozone (a totally natural element) into the water. Ozone will eventually dissolve in the water as Oxygen and dissipate into the air without any chemical residues whatsoever.
Ozone Water Can Do All This
By washing under running ozone water for a few seconds you can:
- Kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses on contact. These include all common food pathogens: E.coli, Salmonella, Hepatitis-A, Legionella, Listeria and Shigella, plus corona and other virus types. Ozone is FDA approved for direct food contact application.
- Clean Multi Food Surfaces including Fresh Fruit, Salads and Vegetables, Sea Food, Meats.
- Keep produce and food ingredients fresh for up to three times longer by killing the microorganisms that cause food spoilage, hence delaying the molding and decaying processes.
- Remove agricultural chemical residues and pesticides from vegetables and fruits.
- Remove chlorine residues and its unpleasant taste from tap water.
- Eliminate the use of hot water and conventional sanitizers, hence saving on daily operational costs.
Ozone Water in the Kitchen
Practice due diligence by using ozone water as an additional barrier against bacterial contamination & food poisoning.
Use ozone water to:
- Wash food ingredients that require no cooking, such as salads, raw fish, seafood and meat.
- Prolong the shelf life of fresh produce such as vegetables, fruits, seafood and meat, meaning significant cost savings from reduced spoilage and perishable loss.
- Wash kitchen utensils, crockery and cutlery so that they will be bacteria-free.
- Eliminate repugnant odours from wine glasses which otherwise require special cleaning procedures.
- Wash cloths used for wiping tables and work surfaces.
A single food poisoning incident will damage the reputation of any hospitality or food establishment. Ozone water kills 99.9% of pathogens that cause food poisoning such as E. coli and Salmonella in a few seconds, effectively minimizing such risks.
Ozone Water in the Home
For personal health, ozone water is beneficial for healthier looking skin by keeping it free from germs and reducing the incidence of acne. It can also help to improve bacterial skin infections such as eczema and psoriasis. It is also excellent for washing sores, cuts and abrasions to prevent bacterial infection and for teeth cleaning to prevent tooth decay and halitosis.
Use ozone water to:
- Disinfect your hands or kitchen utensils to kill over 99.9% of common germs, bacteria and viruses.
- Keep produce and food ingredients fresh for a longer.
- Neutralize and eliminate pesticides.
- Prolong the life of plants and cut flowers.
- Remove odours and smells from shoes, clothes and even pets.
- Promote healthier skin on pets.
Ozone Water in the Community
Ozone water can be used for hand washing & general cleaning for a healthy & bacteria-free environment. Use of ozone water minimizes the risk of spreading contagious diseases such as hand-foot-and-mouth disease. Ozone is chemical-free & eco-friendly.
Use ozone water to:
- Wash and sanitise hands. It is 100% natural and safe for the young as well as the elderly and frail, to help fight against bacterial infections.
- Wash produce and ingredients to eliminate food poisoning pathogens.
- Clean all general areas such as classrooms and play areas, hotels and communal activity spaces, as well as kitchens and food preparation areas.
- Disinfect toys and sterilise personal items such as toothbrushes, dentures, towels, etc.
- Clean toilets and washrooms, as it is most effective in removing unpleasant odours.
Pet and grooming shops can use ozone water to:
- Clean and sanitise shop spaces and animal enclosures for a bacteria-free environment.
- Bathe and groom domestic pets such as dogs and cats:
a. To disinfect pets.
b. To remove fur odours.
c. To reduce skin, dental, ear and eye diseases.
b. To sanitize food and food preparation areas.
Florists and plant nurseries can use ozone water to:
- Destroy micro-organisms that cause cut flowers to decay and wilt.
- Prolong the life of plants and cut flowers by eliminating ethylene gas that is naturally produced through normal aging and decaying processes.
- Reduce the growth of algae, fungi, mildew, spores and root rots on plants.
- Generate better monetary returns by improving the shelf life of cut flowers, hence yielding stronger plants.
Sounds too good to be true?
Ozone water is a natural way for sanitising all it touches in 10 seconds, not only does it kill bacteria and viruses, it also removes pesticides and eliminates odours. It also is completely harmless and produces no toxic waste products..Contact Coronaguard today to find out how our products can help you save money and save the environment. This really is a win win situation!